Friday, October 16, 2015

Want Some Spam With That?

So far, Gmail has done a great job of keeping spam out of my Inbox. Not a single one has made it through.

VTC&CCC went live around 21 September 2015, and as far as I'm aware the only place online that its email address has been displayed is in the masthead and recently on the Contact page.

I didn't discover the Spam folder until about a week ago because when I created the account it was hidden by default.

When I did I was shocked to find many hundreds of spam emails. This is over a period of just a few weeks.

Since then I delete them every chance that I get. As you can see below, VTC&CCC received 161 more between last night and the time this was posted.

 click picture to enlarge

victimsoftimcarroll@gmail.com is a public email address. I'm not complaining about receiving so many spams. What I would like to point out, is that this underscores the importance of keeping your private email address and information, just that, private.



1 The screen shot shows 15 spam emails. Since taking that screen shot and starting this post VTC&CCC has received one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment