Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cody From Massachusetts: Tim Carroll/Carroll Custom Cadillac Sent Wrong Engine & Engine Sent Was Botched

I received a voice mail from Cody this afternoon. I phoned him back, he was at work so we didn't get to talk for long. Cody is "lucky" if you can call it that though. He only ordered a so called "rebuilt" engine from Tim Carroll and Carroll Custom Cadillac or Pure Cadillac Service, LLC, or PCS or Carroll Diesel Pros & 4X4's or whatever "alias" Carroll is lately running under.

In other words his potential loss was $4,000 rather than $8,000 - $10,000 plus a botched Caddy.

The carrollcustomcadillac.com website page on "rebuilt" Northstar engines:

 click picture to enlarge
The Carroll Custom Cadillac Facebook page displaying a photograph of Cody's alleged "rebuilt" engine:





Cody told me that "I was one of the people who tried to buy a motor from that guy." He went on to say that "he sent it to me and it was the wrong motor for my car."

"As soon as I got it I checked all the numbers on it and I looked at the number on the block, it didn't match up with the year of my car," he said.

"So you know it took me months to get that guy (Tim Carroll) on the phone and the only time I got him on the phone was when I told him I had an issue with the motor he sent me and he finally called me back."

Typical excuses begin   

"Carroll was like 'oh we crossed shipped the motor, you got the wrong one when you send that one on to the guy who needs it I'll get you yours' and there was no motor. Carroll never had another motor built."

Cody went on to say "So he was all nice and had an excuse 'Oh the storm wiped me out' and this and that and finally I said you know 'just refund me my money and I'll figure something else out'"

Cody said Carroll said that he couldn't give him his money all at once. "You'll have to take it in payments" Cody recalled Carroll remarking. Cody said that he responded to that "Well you got paid twice for the same motor you should got my money to refund." 

So, Cody told me, "I sent Carroll another email that said, 'Look if you can't refund my money, I'll just do a charge back on my card.' And as soon as I sent him that email Carroll got so ugly."

Cody said that he wouldn't "bite" at Carroll's ugliness and turned it over to his wife who did some research and turned it over to Paypal. "And she told Paypal what was going on, and she said 'it sounded like Carroll was trying to drag it out till it was too late for us to do anything about it.'

Cody said that Paypal "immediately turned it into a claim and they gave Carroll ten days to refund out money and they shut his Paypal account down. They locked it right up. And right after that happened that's when Carroll's Facebook page disappeared."

Cody continued that after all this happened Carroll sent him an email that said, 'You know I've got this motor sitting here but I'm not going to send it to you, you don't deserve it.'

Cody believes that this is Carroll's way of getting him to release the claim with Paypal because, according to Cody (I've never used Paypal) after you release a claim you can't reinstate it. "You can only put one claim in and if you let that claim go, you're screwed," Cody explained.

In an email Cody received from Carroll just this Wednesday, 16 December 2015, Carroll was using the excuse that a 'storm had taken out his entire shop.' Cody said that "was the last straw for me. I said (to Carroll) refund me my money and I'll go figure something else out."

Cody said that Carroll replied that he would "have to do it (refund the money) in payments." To which Cody replied "either refund me all my money or I will do a charge back and as soon as I said that he got so mad."

Cody said that "Carroll writes these emails trying to make you feel like you're a bad person and Carroll is very arrogant."

Cody said that Carroll told him that "maybe if you apologize to me, I'll build your motor." Cody mused that he had paid him all this money he didn't owe him any apology. "Just give me my motor or my money."

Cody pointed out to me the same thing that Larri From Phoenix did, that Carroll uses the Internet to solicit people from far away. In other words the great distance means that you'd have to spend as much or more money that you're out, so folks just throw up their hands and give up.

Substandard Motor
Cody said that the motor that Carroll did send to him that he "inspected that motor pretty thoroughly -- I looked down inside the cylinders with a bore scope, and Carroll didn't replace any of the pistons, half of the pistons had big scorch marks in the top of them where they were overheated. It had the (head) studs in it, but that was the only thing. All the cams were all worn, he didn't regrind any of the cams. It was just like he took the motor apart, cleaned it,  put the studs in it and put it back together."

Cody said, "If I wouldn't have checked the numbers on that motor, I would have put it in my car and it wouldn't have run right -- if it ran at all -- it wouldn't have run properly, because it's not designed for a '96 car."

Cody said that he still had his original motor and planned to have someone local rebuild it.

Since we didn't get to talk but for a few minutes, I will probably be updating this post before long.

See also the share_your_story label in the footer of this post.

UPDATE: Tim Carroll: 'Wind Come; Go Boom, UGH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment